- About Us
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Archived News
Members of the VOAD form a coalition of nonprofit organizations that respond to disasters as part of their overall mission.
NC VOAD receives State/Territory VOAD of the Year award
May 16, 2017 Houston, TX
NC VOAD was awarded the 2016 State/Territory of the Year award today at the National VOAD conference for the rapid and coordinated response to Hurricane Matthew. Among the criteria for the award are:
- Demonstrated the promotion of optimal effectiveness of voluntary organizations in preparing for, responding to, and/or recovering from disasters;
- Increased the growth and strength of the VOAD Movement in their State or Territory; and
- Made extraordinary progress in advancing one or more of the core four C’s of the VOAD movement.
NC VOAD President Ann Huffman and NC VOAD Members accept award. Left to right: Murat Kose (Zakat foundation), Daniel Altenau (Catholic Charities, Diocese of Raleigh), Clifton Harvell (NC Conference UMC Disaster Relief), Ann Huffman (President, NC VOAD, and NC Conference UMC Disaster Relief), Ross Patterson (The Salvation Army of the Carolinas), Mike Patterson (The Salvation Army of the Carolinas), Luther Harrison (Samaritan's Purse), Megan Robinson (Samaritan's Purse), John Galvin (Billy Graham Rapid Response Team), Brent Graybeal (Samaritan's Purse)
NC VOAD President Ann Huffman speaks accepting the VOAD of the Year award. Ann recognized the member agencies that made this possible. NVOAD President/CEO Greg Forrester looks on.
February 2, 2017
At the NC VOAD Board meeting, the following officers were elected:
- President: Ann Huffman
- Vice-President: John Robinson
- Secretary: Larry Marks
- Treasurer: Jere Snyder
2017 Meeting Dates
The remaining 2017 dates are:
- July 18, 2017, 10 am - noon, 2602 W Vernon Avenue, Kinston, NC
- October 17, 2017, 10 am - noon
The LTRG Workshop will be held July 20, 2017, 8 am - 5 pm at Wayne Community College, Goldsboro. Sign up
Check out the latest FEMA update.