- About Us
- Situational Disaster Map
- Archived News
NCVOAD membership is open to organizations that are currently active in disaster relief, have a history of demonstrated disaster experience, and have policies for committing resources to meet the needs of people affected by disaster, without discrimination as to race, creed, gender, or age.
NCVOAD Membership Categories
- Voting: Organizations with voluntary membership (local or regional VOAD included) and constituencies, and are not-for-profit; that is, those qualified under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Non-Voting: Elements of local, state, or federal government who support or facilitate the work of voluntary agencies active in disasters or whose mission is disaster relief. Organizations and businesses whose representatives serve as volunteers in disaster situations or volunteer in support of NCVOAD member organizations and whose resources are committed not as a part of its normal routine mission.
Conditions of Membership
- All member organizations must meet the requirements in the foregoing membership categories, support the purpose and objectives of NCVOAD, and participate in NCVOAD activities.
- All member organizations will pay an annual dues payment of $100 (or as determined by the membership) to defray operating costs.
- All member organizations will annually submit an application form in order to provide NCVOAD with current contact information.
How To Apply For NCVOAD Membership
Application for membership should be in the form of a letter from the organization or agency to the current NCVOAD President. The letter should request membership, include the name of the membership category, and include a description of how the organization or agency meets each of the criteria for the membership category they are seeking. The letter should be accompanied by a completed application form. Membership letters will be determined incomplete if the applicant fails to address each of the criteria.
|NCVOAD Membership Application.docx||33.11 KB|